Thursday 17 January 2013

Some elegant embossing

I've unearthed some of my embossing folders which I'd not used in a long time. Having bought a Grand Calibur and getting great results made me try embossing again, I've even ordered some new folders which I will be showing you later. So the details are, embossing sheet by Debbi Moore Flower swirls embossed straight onto card stock. I felt that picking out some of the detail with a Copic pen would give a different look. I used my Cameo to cut a mat in a closely matching paper and the sentiment is one from Silhouette "I care about You", a change from get well I think. I'm totally thrilled with the way the Cameo will cut a small intricate cut with ease. I finished it off with some matching green ribbon and just a tie rather than add a bow to keep with the elegant look I was aiming for. The photo doesn't quite show the sentiment at it's best as the I doesn't show up as it does in reality.

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful - I love the shot of colour in the embossing - great technique to do and compliment what you are creating with whichever colour. Love it. Have a great day P. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Karon, I love to try different things. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you brought out some of the embossing with color!! It really makes the embossing pop!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Lisa for such a lovely comment. Hugs P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Stylish and Elegant....just perfect :)
    Your colour conbo is terific too :)
    TFS hunnie
    Huge hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my beautiful friend:)
    Such a wonderful card:) Gorgeous white and pistacchio combination, fresh and elegant:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sonia, you give me such lovely comments. Big hugs x

      Delete
  7. This is really elegant. I have my embossing folders abandoned too. They make beautiful decorations on cards!Love your colors!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much Patricia, I'm really into them now! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x