Friday 22 June 2012

Two from one.


The photos could be better, I had trouble with the light. However I wanted to show that by cutting in two colours you can actually make two cards from the same design and in the same colours that still look quite different, in this case Damask Decor. The Love card base is pale lilac pearlised card stock using the shaped card cut. The silver mirror card contrasts well with the pink glitter card on the cut layer for the card shape. I used two small accents from the same page for the upper corners while the sentiment is from Ultimate Creative Sampler cart. I edged the outer edge of the card with a fine line of silver with a gel pen.

For the second card I just reversed the colours and used them on a very pale grey pearlised card which I'd previously cut with a Spellbinder die. I picked up the pink using a Copic marker to fill in the embossed edge. This second card was very quick to make up as the work had been done by cutting the design twice earlier. A very different look for two simple cards. I hope you like them.

6 comments:

  1. Two elegant cards! I like your style: clean,simple,but more elegant :)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Sonia and many thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar. x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful P - very sophisticated. And I love how you basically end up with no waste because you have utilised both parts of the cut. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very clean and simple cards, lovely colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I love to read each of your lovely comments, they brighten my day and give me encouragement. Hugs, Polly x